Are hormones tanking your energy?
Are you tired?
If you're like a lot of the women I talk to, chances are high you're exhausted.
It's just a given, right?
You're responsible for doing the 1.739 MILLION things in a day that keeps the world around you from completely collapsing, plus trying to take care of yourself and your health on top of all of that.
Of course you're tired!
Would you even believe me if I told you the level of exhaustion and fatigue you're experiencing isn't normal and could actually be related to a hormone imbalance?
Here are 3 signs of fatigue that may be due to a hormone imbalance:
- You have no energy to get up and go
- You crash hard in the afternoon (often paired with intense sugar cravings)
- You have zero motivation to exercise
If these sound familiar, keep reading!
When I hear these symptoms from a client, I'm usually suspicious of:
- Hypothyroid (aka slow thyroid)
- Low cortisol
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
While these 3 diagnoses (which can only be confirmed with a DUTCH Test or blood work) require slightly different approaches, there are 3 very basic gut-healing strategies you can use to give your energy a boost.
#1. Eat 1 serving of broccoli sprouts per day 🥦
High in sulforaphane, broccoli sprouts have cancer-fighting, gut-healing, and powerful detoxing properties.
- Put them on a sandwich for lunch, toast with an egg and avocado for breakfast, or in a smoothie. (If you don't like sprouts, pick another cruciferous veggie like broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, or bok choy.)
#2. Take a 10 minute walk outside before 9 AM ☀️
Combining early morning sunshine, movement, and deep breathing has powerful hormone balancing effects.
- Pick a destination 5 minutes from your house (the end of the street, maybe). Leave your phone at home. Walk mindfully, taking deep breaths in your nose and out your mouth to your destination and back.
#3. Drink 100 ounces of water per day 💧
Add a pinch of Himalayan pink or celtic sea salt for added minerals and electrolytes.
- Find and fill a 20oz water bottle, put 5 rubber bands around it, and take a rubber band off every time you refill it. When you run out of rubber bands, you've reached your goal.
Try these daily for 2 weeks and let me know how you feel.